The Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital and its medical school constitute the oldest medical institute in Thailand founded by HM King Chulalongkorn on 26 April 1888 and was given the name of “Siriraj Hospital”. “Siriraj Pathayakorn School” was established to be the first medical school in Thailand. The teaching and learning began on 5 September 1890 with the first graduates in 1893 and this medical school was given the title of “Rajapathayalai” by HM King Chulalongkorn in 1900.
The medical school was developed to the Faculty of Medicine and the teaching and learning in bachelor degree was firstly initiated in Thailand. The University of Medicine was established in 1942 and Mahidol University in 1968. Appropriately, the name of Faculty of Medicine and Siriraj Hospital was changed to Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital. With the great benevolence of HRH Prince Mahidol of Songkla, the standard of medical studies and the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital was lifted up to the international standard.
True success is not in the learning but in its applications to the benefit of mankind.
The Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital has goals to produce quality graduates, render medical and public health services, and conduct research to create and develop knowledge and technological advancement which will be most beneficial to people.