Curricula : Graduate Studies
Categorize of curricula : Master of Science
Degree title : Master of Science (Anatomy)
Objectives : To produce M.Sc. graduates with high standard of knowledge in Anatomy for universities, government and non-government agencies. The graduates from Master of Science programme in Anatomy should
- have general knowledge and be academic leaders in Cell Biology and all branches of Anatomy including Gross Anatomy, Microscopic Anatomy, Embryology and Neuroanatomy.
- be able to instruct the students of all branches of Anatomy mentioned in (1).
- possess technical skill in conducting research in one or more specialized areas of Gross Anatomy, Microscopic Anatomy, Embryology, Neuroanatomy, Physical Anthropology and Cell Biology.
- Students must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Science (Biology, Zoology, Medical Technology, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy) Nurse, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary.
- Cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 or equivalent.
- Exceptions to the above items may be made by the Programme Committee and the Dean of Faculty of Graduate studies.
Candidates must take the written entrance examination and interview. Final judgement will be under the consideration of the Entrance Examination Committee of the Faculty of Graduate Studies, Mahidol University.
How to apply : Students must register as full time students.
Duration of studies : The duration of study must not exceed 5 academic years and not less than 2 academic years.
Number of Students : Approximately 12 students per year
Details of curriculum :
- Required Courses Credits (lecture-lab)
- GRID 612 Cell and Molecular Biology 3(3-0)
- SIAN 601 Gross Anatomy I 6(2-4)
- SIAN 602 Gross Anatomy II 6(2-4)
- SIAN 503 Embryology 2(1-1)
- SIAN 504 Neuroanatomy 3(2-1)
- SIAN 510 Microanatomy 4(2-2)
- SIRE 501 Statistics 3(3-0)
- Elective Courses
- SIAN 506 Human Genetics 2(2-0)
- SIAN 507 Microtechnology 2(1-1)
- SIAN 698 Research M.Sc. thesis 12(0-12)
Tel. 02-419-7031, Fax. 02-419-8523