Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University
To be a leading department excelling internationally in education, research, and laboratory services in the field of medical biochemistry.
The Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University commits to delivering excellent education, conducting high-impact research, and providing laboratory services for the benefits of the country and others.
International Graduate Programs in Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Welcome to the department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University. The biochemistry department is committed to excellence in graduate education and advancing our understanding of cell function at the molecular and biochemical level. Course work and thesis research for the M.S. and Ph.D. in medical biochemistry and molecular biology are designed to meet the needs of the student. We encourage qualified and energetic prospective graduate students to join our program. The research activities of the department are focused on a broad range of biomedical research, including
- RNA processing
- single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs)
- molecular marker and metabolomic of hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma and breast cancer
- micronutrients metabolism particularly the role of hepcidin
- oxidative stress, antioxidants andย proteomic analysis in Thalassemia
- apolipoprotein B/E & LDL receptor gene expression and function
- molecular pathology of mitochondrial diseases