SIMPIC 2014 : March 11th – 14th
It is the annual international competition in Microbiology, Parasitology and Immunology held by Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University,Thailand
a. To provide international platform for outstanding medical students to exchange their knowledge and interest in the field of infectious disease
b. To enhance global network and friendship between medical students and encourage their role as future leader in the field of medicine, especially infectious disease
c. To honor His Royal Highness Prince Mahidol of Songkla for his exemplary contributions to the advancement of medical, public health, and human services and deliver his message to all the participants
a. Medical students who are interested in experiencing international event and have finished their preclinical microbiology course
b. Lecturers and staffs in the field related to medical microbiology, parasitology, immunology, and education
a. Experience and enjoy our comprehensive examination in the fields of microbiology, parasitology and immunology
b. Attend workshops and discover new inspiration in the field of infectious diseases and medical education
c. Learn and socialize with friends from various countries
d. Travel to ‘Highlight’ sightseeing in Bangkok and enjoy special cultural events
1. SIMPIC stands for Siriraj International Medical Microbiology, Parasitology and Immunology Competition.
2. Don’t worry. You really do not have to memorize that.
3. SIMPIC was earlier known as SIMIC. This year we add Parasitology in the name as it epitomizes this year’s theme – One Health.
4. The event focuses on medical students who are interested in infectious medicine and preferably have finished their preclinical microbiology course.
5. There will be 30 teams at the start. Each team consists of 4 competent medical students and an advisor. The advisor is not compulsory but we do encourage.
6. The event is free of charge.
7. Really, it is.
8. Its major objectives are (1) to provide international platform of medical students to exchange their knowledge and interests in the field of infectious medicine and (2) to enhance global network and friendship between medical students.
9. This year event has a theme of One Health. Refer to the section of theme for the detail of this interesting idea.
10. SIMPIC contains both academic activities (aka the competition) and non-academic activities.
11. The competition consists of 5 rounds. The mechanism of this is quite complicated that you might want to study the diagram on the competition section to understand it.
12. Siriraj Hospital, the venue of SIMPIC, is one of the biggest hospitals in Thailand. It would be a shame if we invited you here and did not show you around. That’s why this year we implemented the Hospital Tour activity to the program.
13. Workshop and the brand-new Site Visit are the two activities directly involved with the theme ‘One Health’.
14. There are actually a lot more in the program but we do run out of space. Skim through the package to see more on what we cannot wait to share with you!
Best group moderators ever!
Five-star service, definitely not the one you would normally have considering the whole thing is free
The Final round was AWESOME! Wish our team could be on that stage; that must be INSANE.
SIMIC [SIMPIC] ROCKS!!
– Hong Kong
I don’t think 4 days are enough for this.
– Country not indicated
Staffs are extremely helpful
BKK is simply the best city to host a conference. The city tour was HOT but it’s worth it.
Very challenging questions. The academic team is very well prepared.